This time, it is the last review before the release of Golden Panic (June 21, 17h PDT).
So we focus on bug fixes and last minute improvements. we want to present a game as clean and stable as possible for its released in Early Access!
- Added a permanent icon indicating the trolley position. It will be much easier to find his trolley in the big dungeons!
- pooling system stronger.
- Fixed bug where you could pick up randomly 1 or 5 keys.
- Added feedback when a player is slow.
- Adding feedback when a player has the screen that “flow”..
- We no longer have to deselect and re-select the slowdown spell so that it appears after unlocking it.
- The toilets are now destructible!
- Fixed bug on mid game goals.
- Fixed bug where a player sometimes remained invisible when the wardrobe was destroyed.
- We now manage the disconnection of a player (client) in game. The remaining players can continue playing until the end.
- We can now use the space key in the chat without creating a keyboard character. (Depending on the focus)
- Correction on the display of the map, we no longer display “Waiting Host…”.
- The game now launches into the native resolution of the screen when launched for the first time.
- By default all graphic settings are set to “Medium”.
- Same for the volume.
- The popup to change the language does not appear any more when you open the option menu.
- The game now launches in the right language if we did not choose to take the one set on Steam.
- Adding music to the menu.
- The render is now 100% Deferred, farewell the Forward! (It is two methods of rendering particularly impacting the lights, Deferred Is a more recent and more optimized method for rendering a large number of lights).
- Ambient light was revised (We see much clearer where there is no light, it is better in the dungeon editor).
- The power of the lights has been revised accordingly.
- The lighting of the 3D menus has been revised accordingly.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Ambient Occlusion to blink (Mainly with certains NVidia Cards).
- Alpha-containing elements now go to cutout.
- The cel shading rendering has been revised and removed for a more classic lighting that increases the effect of modeling clay.
- The pre-drawn shadows on the textures were removed to let the lighting make the job and increase consistency.
- The barbarian now has the same skin color for the head and the body!
- The animation of pulsation (light and emissive) of the mushrooms have been corrected.
- The pressure plate fragments are no longer “on”.
Golden Panic and Linux
Lately, We had quite a lot of feedback on problems occurring on Linux and we want to make it clear that you have not been forgotten. As a reminder we expect to release Golden Panic only on Windows at first, The goal being not to leave the game on a platform that we do not own and that we could not test seriously. For the next update we will continue to fix some bugs to prepare Golden Panic release, those that are specific to Linux will arrive soon after when the game will be stable.
Ps: This week we will still try to do our best to correct the very troublesome problem of float parsing which blocks the loading of the dungeons.